Monday 7 February 2011

Glasses do tell - part 1: Asimov on personal learning for all ages


A couple of years ago I needed a new pair of glasses, I wanted BIG, as everyone else was wearing them small, really small, like tiny.
Ever since I purchased my BIG pair of glasses, I have been seeing people wearing my glasses as well but in different decades, and... all of a sudden it dawned on me that I sometimes share some of their ideas. So is there some magic in the purchase of glasses? Yes, it must be!

In this movie Isaac Asimov talks about personal learning, and how computers enable one on one learning for the many. He also emphasizes the importance of looking at learning as something that is done througout life, and how computers help with it. Well, we now know these facts are true, but... nice to hear him tell it. I like the fact that he combined the scientific (biochemistry), with the creative (writing).